"On The 9th Day of Jerry my Radio Free Nachlaot gave to me ... another whole day of JERRY..."
No matter how you measure time, there's never enough of it. We've crossed so many time/space barriers together during The 9 Days of Jerry, and all of it has come from Jerusalem, the heart of the World, where (some are amazed to find) Deadheads live in abundance, especially in Nachlaot. Our Special Guest DJ tonight Drew Tick made the point during the show that until he moved to Nachlaot a number of years ago he didn't know there was a community of Jerry Head and Shlomo Heads until he moved here...and then he found out, indeed he did.
This morning - the morning of The 8th Day, of course - we had a Brit-Milah on the air - Pesach & Kari Sara Rothberg's third son was welcomed into the community of Israel & we rejoiced together with the baby, little Ariel Yaakov Ben Pesach Benzion v'Sara. Radio Free Nachlaot was proud to host the first-ever Internet Radio "Bris-Cast" for the Rothberg family.
Tonight's Show with Drew Tick was a gevaldt when Steve and Drew (who have never met each other) discovered they are both from Western Massachusetts and played "Jewish Geography" on-air. Drew is someone who has incorporated the best of Shlomo Carlebach and Jerry Garcia into his life and lifestyle, and it was a pleasure to play some great tunes with him tonight.
Steve's theme right now is ... help on the way! Day 9 continues with ...
- 1am: Acoustic Dead (originally released as "Reckoning")
- 2:30am: Electric Dead (originally released as "Dead Set") both from 1981,
- 4:30am: The Allman Brothers 12/31/1883 - the second set with Jerry Garcia - then at
- 6am: The Grateful Dead at RFK Stadium 6/10/73 with The Allman Brothers
- 11am: Jerry Garcia Band's Last Show - 4/23/95 at The Warfield
- 1pm: The Grateful Dead's Last Show - Chicago 7/9/95
- 3:30pm: The Concert for Jerry: 1995 All-Star Jerry Garcia Tribute Concert
- 6:00pm: Surprise "Whatever We Missed"
- 8pm: The Grand Finale Yartzeit Show with Reb Moishe (Moshe Pesach Geller) and his "Ultimate Dream Concert" as he brings down "The Torah of Jerry."
Stay with us ... more to come, you can be sure!