Thursday, July 29, 2010

Attention, Ben Fong-Torres! We Want To Be ON THE COVER OF THE ROLLING STONE!

Sorry to kvell in public but I'm a little verklempt!!!

In an attempt to spread the word about Radio Free Nachlaot's upcoming mega-event "The 9 Days of Jerry," Laurie Anderson, VP of Public Affairs at the San Francisco Convention & Visitors Bureau, has forwarded our 9 Days of Jerry Press Release to Ben Fong-Torres of Rolling Stone Magazine!

Ben! Ben Fong-Torres! I remember you when you were just a little "cub" reporter (OK I STAND CORRECTED YOU WERE SENIOR EDITOR AT ROLLING STONE), back in The Day - and when I was a Journalism student at San Francisco State University from 1976-78 (under the tutelage of the legendary Tom Johnson and before I made the drastic and life-altering decision to transfer to USC, and of course known then under a completely different name: Lori E. Lieberman) and was an Intern for the Center for Investigative Reporting (now known as "Muckrakers") in Oakland. You were one of my heroes! You also were pretty nicely portrayed in the movie "Almost Famous" - Ben, Oh Ben, PLEEEEEEESE read and report on our 9 Days of Jerry Press Release, nothing would make me happier!!! Better yet, jump on a plane from San Francisco & come right away to Jerusalem and sit in with Steve and I during The 9 Days of Jerry so we can reminisce together about the Good Old Days of the San Francisco music scene! YOU ARE OFFICIALLY INVITED!!!

"Rolling Stone - gonna get my picture on the cover, gonna buy 5 copies for my mother, gonna see my smiling face on the Cover of the Rolling Stone!"

No comments:

Post a Comment